We tend to fall off the Meatless Monday wagon, but we make up for it other days of the week. My friend referred me to this recipe for Veggie Burgers - she said they were amazing, but honestly, she had me at "throw it all in the processor."
...And you do!
Shall we? OK, here goes:
Loaded Veggie Burgers
adapted from here
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 carrot, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 15 ounces cooked black beans, drained
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned dried breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook quinoa according to directions - set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse carrot until finely chopped. Add cooked quinoa, onions, garlic, bell pepper, beans, breadcrumbs, egg, cumin, salt, and pepper; pulse until combined but still slightly chunky.
- Form mixture into patties - mine made about six.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium; cook burgers until browned, about 8 minutes per side.